Riverside Garden Design & Landscape Designer
After an initial meeting the following observations were made:-
- The site would be enhanced by blending into the landscape.
- A feeling of enclosure for privacy and enjoyment of the outdoor living area is required.
- A high water table in places requires the land to be drained and re-contoured in specific areas.
- A sense of journey needs to be created, using landscaping, planting and lighting.
- The high bank to the rear of the house requires sensitive planting.
- Protection from prevailing NE winds
Garden Design Services in Scotland
- Create a calm, green space with limited hard landscaping and several planting areas.
- Planting on the property on the western boundary, sympathetic to the riverside planting i.e. bog planting.
- Provide an outdoor living area with an informal fire pit and terrace overlooking the river.
- Contour the land across the eastern boundary in order to create some terracing for further tree planting and aid protection from the prevailing wind.
- Add a veil of planting to the northern boundary to screen the road but still allow views across the fields beyond.
- Hard prune existing shrubs and planting and remove in some cases. Replace with herbaceous borders, sculpture and tree planting.
Planning allowed for re-instating central window as the front entrance, this will enable more symmetry in the design process.
To find out how we can help you create your special garden please contact us.
'Confronted with the vision of a beautiful garden, we see something beautiful about ourselves'.....Jeff Cox